Thursday, March 1, 2007

Day Dreaming


So after becoming addicted to reading my friends blog I have decided what a great idea and have decided to start my own.

I was told today to stop dreaming and live in reality so that is where the idea for the blog started. Just a way to express my random thoughts dreams!!

I live in a dream world where I live in a climate with sunshine all year round. The subject has come up many times with anyone who knows me. I want to live where there are beaches, palm trees, sun, sun oh and did I mention sun. The plan was always to retire somewhere hot but that is still 25 years away. Can I wait that long???

If my husband and I were smart we would consider living in our house (which is still currently being built) for a few years, sell and move somewhere cheaper and be mortgage free. But my thoughts on this is where else in Canada can I go that offers me better weather and no snow!!
Don't get me wrong Calgary has been a wonderful city and I am a rare born and raised Calgarian but do we really need to have weather that reaches -30 without factoring in a windchill.
I am one of the fortunate ones to have owned property before the big boom so as most people we are cashing in and building a dream house.. Then this is where I start to dream about being mortgage free. We could cash in again after a few years move to ??? where we could just work at jobs that are interesting not jobs because we have to. Like working at a pet store or opening a pet health food store. Playing with dogs all day in a city where the weather is good. This sounds like fun!

As I sit here and stare out my office window with the snow falling down I can't help but think 25 more years of this. Why??? There has to be another way!

But I guess no more day dreaming. It is back to reality as I should be doing some work so I can pay for my mortgage!! I guess I should also stop staring at my calendar of beaches .. Mind you who says that just because I am married, 6 months pregnant and building another new house I can not think about what could also be...

3 comments:

ItCantJustBeMe said...

You should sell your house, take the profit and move to the Muskokas (in Ontario) - you'd still get winter but what a sweet life that would be if you had no mortgage.

Unknown said...

Quit dreaming and get back to work.
Ok dream away.

Anonymous said...

Hey daydreamer, I'll be your next door neighbour. I'll own the massage centre too...including the one for dogs and horses. You can help with the doggies.

You know who this is!!!