Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Maternal One


Who would have thought that I would ever be a mother. In 3 months.. yes 3 months I will be. Funny thing is I have never seen myself as the "maternal one". The panic attacks have now set in. Never mind the fact that he has to come "out" in 3 months --- I have no idea what do do with a baby. All of my friends who are mothers reassure me that some kind of instinct will kick in but I have yet to believe this theory.

I have one more ultrasound coming up in April. We are looking forward to it as we booked the 4D one. So we should be able to see him and I guess confirm one more time that it is a him.. I think this will assist me in picking another name as we only have one at this stage of the game.

I just got back from Houston, my last trip until he comes. I went to go and buy some maternity pants, in black of course as they are so much cheaper down there. My main mission was to find a dress for my friends wedding as I can not imagine paying $200.00 for a dress I will only wear once. I managed to get a great dress in Houston (see pic) for $35.00 now that is more like it.. I will mention that I ended up spending 150.00 as I also bought 3 other dresses and 2 pairs of Capri pants but that is okay all of that for the same price as a dress here!!

I have been lucky so far and only at this last stage of pregnancy I now am having to wear maternity pants. I must say they are pretty comfy! This has been a very easy pregnancy so far (knock on wood) as I never got sick and have been very healthy- I am now showing I have a nice little bump and have only gained 15lbs.. Aside from my low lying placenta every thing looks good. This may require me to have a C-Section but we will deal with that news if need be after the ultrasound. Baby is healthy and looks good, he is becoming more and more active daily.

Although I am kind of sad that there are only three more months left. This could be because I still have another blood test and the ever scary presence of birth looming ahead. Before it seemed like forever away and I could just ignore that fact. But now I have no choice we are in the home stretch. This is going to be a wonderful journey and I am looking forward to every moment of it. Scary stuff and all. Well maybe except for the needle and gory parts.

No comments: