Thursday, April 19, 2007

Car Shopping


Gee what a way to spend a few weekends. Running around to car lot after car lot to try and find a vehicle that I am not sure I even want. I know the Jeep needs to go but am I happy about this? Honestly no. I love my Jeep. I have no idea what kind of vehicle I want I have always wanted a Jeep and that was that.

Then there is the cost. We just had to purchase a car for John as his was starting to cost more in repairs then it was worth. So we already have a nice car payment. Realistically buying another car right now is not the best timing but I guess I can not be at home with baby and a car that is pretty much useless to us.

I think the stressful part of the whole thing is going on mat leave and making like pennies a day and having to pay for all of this stuff. Never mind groceries and diapers..

My first experience at the whole car wheeling and dealing ending up with me crying in the sales guys office. I guess that is one way to get out of a deal. But I was really being pressured into a vehicle that I did not love, felt was too expensive and to me the worst was it was heavily smoked in and it was all I could smell.

Well I guess the right vehicle is out there I just have to find it!

So after looking and looking we finally bought me a nice 2005 Jeep Liberty. I must say I love my new car. While it was a sad day handing in my keys to the TJ I am super excited to have a vehicle that has power windows,locks and heat. WOW what a treat.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is it a hybrid??? Gotta remember the environment these day? :)