Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Tis The Season


So the wedding season is fast approaching. It seems that every year I am involved in some sort of shower and or wedding. Last year I think was a record where every weekend in the spring and summer was filled with a baby or bridal event. All of my friends have hit the magic age where we are experiencing huge life changing events.

It always amazes me how much planning and organizing can go into one day. I was one of the smart ones that escaped to Florida and had a beautiful bed and breakfast plan the entire day for me. The only thing we had to worry about was going down a few weeks earlier and obtaining a licence. Most stress free experience of my life!

Most recent my friend for at least 20 years is now getting married so the endless parade of events begins. Don't get me wrong I love participating in events where I get to see my friends get married and would pretty much do whatever I can to attend or help out. For example we drove 13 hours across Saskatchewan and sat at a table with just me and my husband as we knew nobody except the bride.

The one thing I love about weddings is talking about all of the goofy things brides do - like wearing your veil around the house as soon as you get it. It doesn't matter if you are in sweat pants and vacuuming you could never look or feel better then that!

We just had my friends stag on the weekend - wow do the ladies know how to party. We had a wonderful time and I love seeing my friends have fun, seeing that I could not partake in the drinking festivities!!

My only piece of advice for brides to be is to remember what the day is really about. It is not about flowers and centrepieces so when the little things go wrong you just need to think of why you are really there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We really appreciated you driving 13 hours to Saskatchewan! It meant alot to me!