Friday, April 27, 2007

Ultrasounds


So we had our third ultrasound. We booked the 4D one. I must say I was a little disappointed. I fully expected to see my baby exactly the way he is supposed to look. He was not in the mood to cooperate and most of the shots were of his feet or hands. My thoughts at the time were that baby is trying to be funny.

We did mange to see the side of his face but it was not very clear and I was thinking gee I wonder who he looks like as I don't see any resemblance to me or my husband at this point. Well maybe I just had really high expectations. I kind of expected him to you know turn strike a pose and maybe give a wave.

The examiner was not the most friendly of ladies and made the whole process awkward. Neither one of us said anything, this is not what I pictured as we were so looking forward to the 4D ultrasound. We were hoping to get a CD but the clinic doesn't do that. So we just looked on in silence while the monotone lady expressed this is baby's spine, foot, head.... At least the pictures were in 4D and they are still pretty amazing...

Also since I like to self diagnosis myself I have decided that baby is breech at this point, his feet are down and his head is up. I am not to concerned about it right now as he can still turn. Keep in mind this is purely a self diagnosis, I will give further details when I actually go to the doctor next week and get my real results.

Oh well at the end of the day all that matters is that baby has two legs and arms and the proper amount of toes and fingers. He is doing well and weighs about 3.5 pounds. Funny how baby weighs that much but I have gained 20lbs!!

No comments: